Afzelia offer the following services associated with heritage building assessments, primary focused on heritage impact assessments undertaken during the environmental impact assessment process. The following tasks are undertaken by Afzelia’s in-house architectural team:
- Obtain relevant Surveyor General drawings;
- Site visit to relevant buildings;
- Assessment of buildings in terms of their historical and architectural significance;
- Produce a management plan specifically related to that building and the development;
- Undertake a base-line survey of the building if required;
- Liaise with Amafa KZN Built Environment regarding permits.